Monday, October 9, 2017

Arachnophobia



It's officially Halloween-themed-outfit time! I turned a glittery black spider decoration from the craft store into a brooch (you just glue a bar-pin brooch piece to the back of the spider and voila! spider brooch!) and I want to wear it every day now.

I think it's so funny how I (and I'm sure many other people) put fake spiders all over the place in October, but if I ever see a real one my heart jumps out of my body and I let out a blood-curdling scream. I mean, even the small ones do it to me (they're usually jumpers!) I'm so jealous of people who aren't scared of spiders. I have one friend who will pick them up with her hand and carry them outside. I wish I could do that! I've tried to train myself to think of them as perfectly harmless friendly little insects but then I see one and I'm stricken with paralyzing fear all over again.

At least the decorations (and brooches) don't bite, and they can't climb up your nose while you're sleeping (Is that even a thing? Even if it's not possible, I'd still be worried about it.)




brooch - DIY | wig - keke wigs